Age does not have to be a determining factor to enjoy the sport of jet skiing. It is one water sport activity that can be explored by both the young and old alike. Water sports are for everyone, and with the right guidelines, it can be mastered by people of all ages. However, if your child is too young to ride a Jet Ski, they can always join an older partner for an enjoyable time.
The amazing jet ski rentals options allow you to rent the vehicle once you have gained the required level of expertise. You can then explore the waters and race across the sea with your friends and family. Jet skiing is the perfect chance to have unlimited fun, and this does not have to be an activity you do alone.
Jet Ski Guidelines For Kids And Adults
Although the sport is for people of all ages, there are safety rules to follow.
- Firstly, older or younger, you have to make sure that the jet skier is not suffering from any health condition which does not allow such sports.
- Everyone sitting on the Jet Ski will have to wear a personal floatation device that fits them properly.
- Make sure that everyone is wearing proper attire as this will prevent accidents and help keep you safe.
- Initial training with the instructor is mandatory. This will prepare you for all situations and will ensure everyone’s safety.
- Kids under the age of 14 and who are below 18 pounds need to sit between two adults for maximum safety.
- With kids, make sure to start slow and peacefully to acquaint them with the ride and to ensure that they do not fall off.
- Try to lower the speed and keep the Jet Ski under your control. You can speed off once the child is comfortable and make sure that they know how to swim. Stay away from rough waters, and do not engage in wild tricks.
- If the child falls into the water, do not panic, instead, the adult in the back seat should help get the child back on the Jet Ski. The person on the back should also keep their head above the water level at all times to maintain contact so that other riders can identify where you are. The driver should keep the engine off and remain on the vehicle and check the nearby boat traffic before making sudden moves.
- Make sure that the safety lanyard is operational before starting your Jet Ski ride. The safety lanyard is responsible for engine cut-off when the safety lanyard detaches from the rider. This usually happens when the rider falls off from the Jet Ski.
Make It A Group Activity
Another way to make the most out of your jet ski experience is by enjoying the sport with the whole family. You can go on a jet ski trip with the kids and elders as there is no age limit when it comes to jet skiing. Once you are acquainted with the equipment you can easily have a good experience. A sit-down model is a suitable model for a family as it can seat up to three members.
Age is not the limit when it comes to jet skiing, and this is a sport you can enjoy with kids. Make jet skiing a fun group activity to enjoy with the whole family. Our instructors will provide the initial training to ensure that you have a safe experience. Contact us to go through the different Jet Ski tours.